Attention all Finance, Marketing, Management, IB Majors! The deadline for submitting your resume is Friday, September 3rd at Midnight. (That’s only three days away!) Don’t worry! We, at the Career Center, are here to make this process as smooth and easy as possible.
The resume book is a collection of resumes distributed to hundreds of employers across the United States. This is a great way for the employers to find students who are qualified to be hired, and by having your resume in the book you can be one of them! The resume book is free of charge and makes it easier to communicate your experiences to the employers. Follow these steps, and you will be on your way to being a part of the resume book:
1) Writing your resume. It is not too late to start compiling information for your resume right now. For those of you that have never written one, visit http://www.career.uga.edu/STUDENTS/resumes.html for information about writing the best resume possible.
2) EVERYONE needs their resumes critiqued THIS SEMESTER by the Career Center. That’s right, EVERYONE! Before submitting your resumes, we will check to make sure that they have been looked at by our Career Center. If it hasn’t, we will remove them from the resume book. Also, make sure to bring a printed one-page copy of your resume when you come see us. There are plenty of opportunities to have your resume critiqued:
- Special Resume Book Walk-in Hours. All Terry College Career Consultants will be available to critique your resume. These walk-in hours will be on Wednesday and Thursday, Sept. 1st and 2nd from 10am to 2pm in the Sanford Hall Coke Lounge.
- Terry Career Consultant Satellite Hours. These take place in the MLC across from the 2nd floor Jittery Joe’s on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2pm to 4pm.
- Career Center Walk-In Hours. This is not specific to the Terry College Career Consultants, but other career consultants will be available to assist you with your resume. These take place in the Career Center in Clark Howell Hall everyday from 12pm to 2pm.
3) DAWGlink is/will be your best friend! After making your resume as professional as it can be, you will want to submit your hard work to the resume book. To do so, you will have to access DAWGlink through the Career Center website. Once you get on DAWGlink, you will want to use these directions to send in your resume: http://www.career.uga.edu/multimedia/fall2010businessresumebookinstructions.pdf
4) Questions? If you have any questions, the Career Center is here to assist you!